Full & Part-time jobs
The Coffeesmith is an independent coffee shop that is passionate about Crafting Coffee, Forging People and Building Community. We are looking for individuals who share our passion and are excited to help us move forward!
What is a Coffeesmith? A smith is an artisan who is passionate about their craft. At the Coffeesmith we are passionate about coffee. What kind of smith are you? What are you passionate about? We would love to help you find ways to hone your craft and pursue your dreams. Are you passionate about photography, social media, art, music, web design, organization? However you smith we will strive to help you find a way to pursue it as a Coffeesmith barista.
We are looking for hard working individuals who have barista, food or customer service experience. We are also willing to train quick learners willing to put the attention to detail that is required to handcraft excellent espresso beverages.
We are open from 6am to 6pm Monday through Saturday. Salary starts at $8.50/hr plus tips.
• Barista, food or customer service experience is a plus
• Strong work history
• Great communication skills
• Ability to show up on time every time
• Working with a team
Barista Job Duties Include
• Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
• Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
• Prepares and sells coffee drinks and food options by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, espresso, Americano and cappuccino.
• Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment and merchandise; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance.
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
• Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.